International forum




Notices

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brand New Member
 
kliknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
kliknow is an unknown character at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattiee View Post
i dont knwo where this will get posted but i was wondering if anyone can help me.
what is this in irish gaelic?
'i miss you more than you miss me'
My freind recommended I use this site for Gaelic the are very quick top notch.

TranslationBooth - Quick Translations
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brand New Member
 
ERuNabú's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
ERuNabú is an unknown character at this point
Default

i miss you more than you miss me
cronaim tu nios mo na cronainn tu me

i think thats it i cudnt get the fadas in tho so they go over..
the u in tu, o in mo, a in na, e in me, i in nios

sorry about that but hope this helps anyway =)

Last edited by ERuNabú; 10-10-2007 at 08:56 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brand New Member
 
redhedirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
redhedirish is an unknown character at this point
Default

Hi I am new to this site so I am really not sure if I am doing this correctly. Anyhoo I need my daughter's name translated in to Gaelic writing. I don't know if the writing is different as far as the letters are formed or what. Her name is Rheyma. If I no one is able to do it could I possibly get a translatoin for "my love" ? Thank you so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brand New Member
 
ERuNabú's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
ERuNabú is an unknown character at this point
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhedirish View Post
Hi I am new to this site so I am really not sure if I am doing this correctly. Anyhoo I need my daughter's name translated in to Gaelic writing. I don't know if the writing is different as far as the letters are formed or what. Her name is Rheyma. If I no one is able to do it could I possibly get a translatoin for "my love" ? Thank you so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated
tá bron orm.. (im sorry) couldnt find a irish translation of Rheyma but my love is ''mo stór'' meaning darling (term of endearment)
as an alternative you could also have ''mo grá''

hope this helps
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Darrach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 147
Darrach is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuNabú View Post
tá bron orm.. (im sorry) couldnt find a irish translation of Rheyma but my love is ''mo stór'' meaning darling (term of endearment)
as an alternative you could also have ''mo ghrá''

hope this helps



Also, there is no 'translation' for the name Rheyma - the only names that really have an Irish form are those that are anglicised versions of Irish names, common European names and Biblical names.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Darrach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 147
Darrach is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuNabú View Post
i miss you more than you miss me
cronaim tu nios mo na cronainn tu me

i think thats it i cudnt get the fadas in tho so they go over..
the u in tu, o in mo, a in na, e in me, i in nios

sorry about that but hope this helps anyway =)
Not quite...

Cronaím thú níos mó ná cronaíonn tú mé

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brand New Member
 
redhedirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
redhedirish is an unknown character at this point
Default Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuNabú View Post
tá bron orm.. (im sorry) couldnt find a irish translation of Rheyma but my love is ''mo stór'' meaning darling (term of endearment)
as an alternative you could also have ''mo grá''

hope this helps
Thank you so much for the help I was wondering what the letters in her name would look like.. I figured I couldn't get an exact translation. Do irish gaelic letters or characters look different than english? I tried looking but I can't seem to find any info. If the character's mean something different it could screw up her name huh?? any info would help. THANKS AGAIN!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Other languages, autres langues, andere Sprachen : The international discussion forum : english to irish translation!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5 - vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
International forum : traduction - translation - übersetzung

Une agence de traduction, eine Übersetzungsagentur : Traduction allemand Französisch Übersetzung - Agence Traduction allemand